Documentation Supervisor, Program Manager
1982 - 1987
When I joined Wang in 1982, they were a billion dollar company and at
the forefront of the newly emerging market for word processors. Half their
revenue came from word processing, and I managed the group that documented
most of these systems.
During my time at Wang, I:
- Managed publications development for major projects and supervised a
group of eight writers
- Developed, administered, and taught an in-house technical writing training
- Developed departmental policies and procedures
- Managed internal corporate relationships including translations and
- Consulted for a developing electronic publishing project.
- Documentation project leader in Zurich for a bank/financial sales effort